Monday, August 11, 2008

The First of Many...

...updates, that is! Here are some photos from a pre-wedding shoot I did back in May. Meninder booked me just a few days before his wedding, when he realized that there would be no photographer to document him getting ready. I shot for about 1 1/2 hours while he and his family and friends participated in the ceremony preparing him to be wed. It is always really amazing to see how different cultures celebrate events, and this was definitely a beautiful site to see. The garments being worn created such a beautiful scene of so many vivid colors, but my words do them no justice.

Basically, during the ceremony, guests would come up to the groom and give him their best wishes. The photo of Meninder with his head in his hand was taken after we had been taking photos with each guest for a while. His head began to hurt, and he was waiting for someone to get him aspirin. Everyone else had cleared the room, and when I spotted him sitting there, I had to take the shot. The result was even better than I had anticipated.







No comments: