Monday, August 3, 2009

The big announcement...

Well ladies and gentlemen...I've been taunting you with it for a while now...I'm gearing up for the launch of my site and new blog! In preparation, I've decided to focus on getting through my last few weddings, while also finishing gathering photos for the site. I'm meeting with my amazing web designer Glen very soon! We're going to go over the design ideas and layout, and he's going to prepare a totally killer site and blog for me!

With that, this will be my second to last post on my original blog! As I gather material, I will be taking a brief vacation from blogging (not from working, I'm still very much doing that! haha). It's kind of bittersweet for me. I started on here a year and a few months ago with a hobby. It was growing into a passion. I wanted to take it further, so I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for couples who wanted free engagement sessions. Largely, it was because I wanted to learn. I was fortunate in that the girls who found me were amazing. They were patient, they listened to my requests...and they loved the results. So much so that they spread the word ALL over the place! So much so, that my little hobby grew into a business-one that I love beyond words. These girls (and their fiances/now hubbies) mean the world to me, as well as each subsequent bride and groom following. What they've done for me, and the joy they've brought me, they may never fully know, but I feel like I owe them all a huge THANK YOU! (and maybe a hug and some homemade cupcakes...)

That being said, I would also like to announce that I am almost completely booked for 2009!!! I am running out of dates FAST, so if you've been holding off, now is certainly the time to book! 2010 dates are starting to fly, too! This is all so exciting to me! As I close out the first chapter, I want to once again give a very sincere thank you. Thank you to everyone who has been standing by me, cheering me on and supporting me. Thank you to my amazing husband, who puts up with my crazy schedule and my "just one more email and I'm going to bed, I PROMISE!"-I love you. To my family and friends who have to hear about every blog I post and every couple I meet. To those who are reading right now, even if this is your first time here. And finally, to my amazing clients...my newfound friends...you are all incredible, and my words will simply never be enough to thank you.

Here's to the new blog and the new site, launching this September!! My next post will be one to announce the launch and link you directly there.

And finally....a sneak preview...






While you sit tight, make sure to check me out on Facebook!

3 comments:

Barbie said...

Awwww! I got all teary reading this! Amanda you deserve it!!! You know how talented I think you are!!!!
I'm soo happy for you! Cant wait to see the new site! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that we got to work with you, i've been spreading the word since :) thank you! your work is a-m-a-z-i-n-g and you are truly talented!

amanda thiessen said...

very nice!!