Sunday, September 14, 2008

It may not be November yet, but is IS time to vote!!!

The entries are in and I've picked the top 6!! (6, because last night at 4am I selected 5...but apparently can't count at 4am and actually picked 6! And due to my error, an additional 3rd prize will be awarded!) Now these couples need your help! And, it'll take just a minute! Look over the couples stories and photos below. Pick your favorite, and send an email to PiconeVote@gmail.com with your choice. That's it! (Isn't that simple?) Only ONE vote per email address will be counted, so please only send your vote once :)

Once the votes have been tallied, I'll be sitting down with Jennifer Long of BeyondBeautyBasics.com to look over the top 3 vote-getters and determine the Grand Prize Winner. (Award will be based on a combination of total votes and the original contest entry email). Don't forget, all of these lucky couples will be walking away with a prize! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Now, onto the couples...

Jamie & Anthony
These two have been together 3 1/2 years and will be getting married on June 20th, 2009 in Great Neck, Long Island. They heard about me through some brides on LIWeddings.com, and had such sweet things to say about my work!
They write: "We would really like you to be our photographer because we love your work. I have seen some of the work you have done on some of the girls profiles on LIWeddings...I actually loved it so much that I showed it to my fiance. I have heard that you are a lot of fun to work with also. I believe that that a photographer is very important part of your special day, pictures capture all of those amazing moments you never want to forget."


Heather & Timothy
Heather and Timothy met on a blind date 5 years ago. Their wedding will be on 11/6/2009 in East Patchogue, NY. Both are working really hard right now to pay for their wedding, and Heather is also working on her Masters in Education (while planning a wedding? Woah!).
Heather writes: "We're fun loving, kind and generous people and that refllects in pictures of us. We want a beautiful, classic wedding but it is hard finding vendors, especially photographers, who will work with our budget. We're not getting help from anyone else in paying for the wedding, so it would be a blessing if for once, we could get some help and win our photography package...It would truly be a miracle to not stress over money!"


Ana & Christopher
Ana and Christopher will be getting married on 4/3/09 (less than 7 months away!) in Livingston, NJ. They picked a location that is both unique and gorgeous (she sent me a link)! Ana's description really gave me a great feel for it before I even looked at the photos: "The moment we stepped in my fiance and I felt like home. And thats exactly what we want our quests to be...not just one party, but a party where they can have fun and feel like they are among people who cares to each other. I simply loved the fact that they have just one party at a time - I have seen pictures of wedding there which were very personal. Some couples decided to put picture frames along the cocktail area, such as by the fireplace and the library. Your pictures bring me exactly this sensation....of a natural work, the natural beauty of people who love each other. I found the place of my dreams for my wedding and you would be the photographer of my dreams too. I really wish this dream comes true!"


Vivian & Victor
This couple is planning a wedding for May 24th, 2009 in Mineola, NY. I met these two a while back for my free engagement shoot session (look waaaaay back to some of my first posts :) ) And the picture they sent me is one from our session. I was originally unavailable on the date of their wedding, but due to a postponement, I'm now available! These two are working to pay for their wedding despite some bumps along the way and keeping a very positive attitude throughout. They were excited to learn that I am now available on their date (and were also excited to enter the contest!) They write: "Victor and I want you as our photographer because you are a wonderful person to work with, you care about the details of each photo and most importantly you are always on time as you promised. We met you during your free engagement shoot and our family and friends and especially us love our engagement photos. Your photos are amazing. They are very detailed and beautiful. You pay attention to everything that we say during our engagement shoot. You did not force us in doing anything or posing in any way that we don't like. Most importantly, you make us feel comfortable and at home when taking pictures. We want to win because from the bottom of our heart we really want you as our wedding photographer for our wedding day!"


Cindy & Ted
Ciny and Ted will be getting married on October 3rd, 2009 in Sparta, NJ. They picked a great time of year-my 2 year anniversary is just 3 days later ;) These two sent a bunch of really cute photos, so I had a hard time picking one! (how is it that everyone who entered this contest is gorgeous?!?) In an excerpt from her short but sweet entry, Cindy writes: "I'd love to win the contest because like every wedding budget, a free photographer is a dream:) And your pictures are great, they are artistic and edgy, but still about the couple."


Ben & Kim
These two will be getting married on October 10th, 2009 in Wall, NJ. They met at Rutgers, and have been dating 5 years. They were engaged this past June. These two were actually entered into the contest by Kim's sister-in-law, Jasmine (who has had her own anniversary shoot rescheduled far too many times due to rain, but I digress...). From what Jasmine writes, Kim's family is a very tight-knit one, but also very welcoming. Her in-laws have always made her feel like a part of their family. Regarding Kim and Ben, Jasmine writes: "...from my own experience I know wedding planning is something that is stressful for all brides as they try to satisfy everyone else's wishes while trying to preserve not only their own ideas and stay within budget (always the hardest) I thought entering Kim and Ben in this contest would be a way to thank my "new" family for welcoming me like they did 5 years ago without reservation and let them know how appreciate I was of that."


So that's it! These are the couples! I hope you've enjoyed reading the shortened versions of their stories (I'm keeping the full versions to myself, sorry!). I definitely loved reading through them all, and these 6 really jumped out at me due to their stories, and the photos in which you can just see the love they share. I can't wait until I can write a blog with each of their wedding photos :) Good luck to everyone! Voting begins NOW and will be over at 10pm eastern time on 9/26/08. Winners will be notified on or before 10/1/08. Send your pick to PiconeVote@gmail.com

THANKS!

No comments: