Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tip of the week...Weddings

As those of you who have added me on Myspace and Facebook might already know, I've decided to add advice and tips to my blog. These will cover all kinds of topics...weddings, photo shoots, etc...With so many of my readers getting married soon, and with my 1 year anniversary just a few weeks away, I decided it would be appropriate if my first tip had to do with weddings.

I got married last October, and I have to say I followed my own advice with this one and it was the best move ever.

Make sure your wedding reflects both of you. It sounds so silly, but some people just skip right over that part. Even if you just do one "you" thing, make sure it's there! A wedding is such a personal event, so showing a bit (or a lot!) of your personality makes a big difference, and people notice! For example: my husband and I are really into music. Neither of us wanted organs playing in the church, so we decided to hire an acoustic guitar player to play music we like to listen to. Our guests came in and were seated to classic (and current) rock and roll love songs. We then switched to The Beatles for the ceremony. The bridal party came in to "And I Love Her", my father and I walked to "Here, There, and Everywhere" and we left the church to "Til There Was You" (the lyrics of which had been printed on the invites to all of our pre-wedding festivities). We also had quite a few good laughs during the ceremony (okay, so we're not the most serious of people!).

Other "us" things we did? I wore pink shoes, he wore sunglasses for our introduction into the reception hall, and our cocktail hour food consisted of things like pigs in a blanket and wings. Our photos were decidely goofy and unposed (mainly because we're a bit goofy ourselves!). I could go on, but I won't bore you!

My point is-Your wedding day is exactly that...YOUR day. Do what you want, and don't worry about what others may think. If you're happy with the way your day reflects you, that's what really matters. Oh, and make sure to take a few moments to stop and soak it all in. It really does go by as quickly as they say!

No comments: