Sunday, June 21, 2009

Central Park on a Cool Spring Day


A soft, misty rain set the stage as he led her into the park. She had never been here before, and he smiled excitedly as she took in her surroundings-completely unaware of what was about to occur.

They arrived at their mark, though she had no idea. He gazed into her eyes as they listened to "Come Alive" by the Foo Fighters on his iPod. He removed her headphones and then his own, as the soundtrack for their journey came to an end; A journey which had landed them just a few hundred feet from myself.


I could sense his excitement as he began to fidget, and readied myself. This was going to be it. He spoke to her and she began to grin. After he brushed the hair from her eyes, he reached his right hand into his pocket.

As he knelt down to the wet ground, she suddenly realized just why he had brought here there. Her hands raised to her cheeks as he asked her to be his bride, and she happily accepted.




He practically leapt to his feet as her jaw dropped upon closer inspection of her new ring.


He threw his arms (still clutching his umbrella) into the air in victory, before hugging his now bride-to-be.


A small crowd formed as they shared their first few moments as a newly engaged couple. A few polite young girls offered to take their photo, at this I giggled a bit.

He turned to give me a quick grin, she still blissfully unaware of my presence.


A few kisses before finally, they joined hands and walked off into the evening...ready to start a new chapter in their lives.


Another photographer walked by and grinned at me, "Did ya catch that?" he asked. "Yep!" I replied happily, "he hired me to."

Paul contacted me a few days before his big trip to NYC. He had decided it would be an awesome idea to document the proposal. I, being a fan of all things stealth and sneaky, happily agreed. I don't think I realized at the time just how much fun being so sneaky could be! I had been a bit worried about the rain, but I think it only added to the romance of the moment. Seeing their excitement and happiness literally brought tears to my eyes. This was truly one of my favorite shoots to date.

Congrats to the two of you!!!!

2 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

that's awesome! what a great story!!

Amanda said...

beautiful!