Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Catherine and Eirik's Engagement Session!

For this shoot, I'm going to start at the end...After we *almost* finished up with the shoot, we were walking along the boardwalk to head back to our cars. Eirik and I were discussing his interest in photography, and he asked me what I liked about wedding photography. Though I knew the answer, it was the first time a client had ever asked me. The answer? It's simple. I love love. I love being around it, I love capturing it with my camera. I love being in love and being near love. Weddings are emotional for me, and I try to let that emotion come across in the photos I take. I feel the same way about engagement sessions. It's just me there, watching this couple so madly in love...preparing to exchange vows and declare their love for one another, and celebrating that excitement right in front of my very eyes (and lenses!). It's such an awesome feeling to be surrounded by so much love all the time. Every shoot I do reminds me of my husband and I, and there's an instant connection to the couple I'm shooting-a connection I want nothing more than to capture. And that's kind of the theme of this post.

I've selected a lot of images of Catherine and Eirik kissing, though I've got tons of shots of them smiling, looking at the camera, looking at the ocean, etc... But I thought the love and kissing theme was perfect for them. These two were so much fun to watch! They each got a little smirk on their faces each time I asked them to kiss, and in a lot of shots you can see that they're still smiling. Even though it was a bit chilly, and somehow I was the only one to get soaked(!), I had an absolute blast with these two! All my best to you both!!

Enjoy! And as always, don't forget to click to enlarge the images (I promise with my new blog, you won't have to!)
















And here's what happened after our stroll on the boardwalk...As we were walking into the parking lot, I was struck by the lighting in this tunnel against the bright blue sky. These are the results:

1 comment:

Natalie Licini said...

These pictures are gorgeous! What amazing lighting in the tunnel - LOVE IT!